Capital Markets (Including Securities and Privatization)
Lee and Li has the largest practice group that specializes in capital market, securities and privatization in Taiwan. All our team members possess professional knowledge and skills and offer legal services that address the evolving needs of our clients. We have represented clients in many landmark cases including the first issuance of American depositary receipts and Euro convertible bonds by Taiwanese companies, the first asset-backed securitization of residential mortgage loans, the first cross-border securitization of cash card and auto-loan receivables and the privatizations of Chunghwa Telecom and China Steel, just to name a few.
We advise on
- issuance of local and overseas depositary receipts and convertible/exchangeable bonds
- issuance of overseas floating rate notes
- migration and offshore listing
- onshore listing of foreign companies and offshore Taiwanese companies
- issuance of financial debentures as tier two capital
- financial asset/real estate securitization
- establishment of subsidiaries/branches of foreign securities houses
- privatization of state-owned companies
We also advise the government on Taiwan's capital market laws, policies, standards and guidelines and undertake research to recommend steps that may help create a more friendly legal environment for investors.