Lee and Li is the largest full-service law firm in Taiwan and specialize in international legal matters and global transactions. We provide both IP and non-IP services to our client and have professionals with expertise in different practice areas. Lee and Li has a practice group on antitrust and unfair competition in our Corporate and Investment Department, and the attorneys in the practice group have represented local and international clients in most of the landmark cases before the Fair Trade Commission.
Lee and Li has just been named by the Global Competition Review (GCR) in 2013 as one of the elite firms in Taiwan for outstanding performance in the competition law practice. But even before receiving this honor, Lee and Li has been singled out year after year as one of the leading competition law firms in the world (GCR 100). In 2009, we were recommended by CorporateUK as the leading advisor on competition law in Taiwan. In 2010, CorporateINTL named Lee and Li the "Competition Law Advisory Firm of the Year in Taiwan." The international journal's recognition affirms Lee and Li's unrivaled capacity for handling competition cases.
OUR TEAM: Our attorneys combine legal skill with knowledge about a wide range of industries. Our team members frequently contribute to several domestic and international publications in the field of competition law, and are constantly being invited to attend global competition law seminars and conferences such as the International Competition Network (ICN). Some of our lawyers have been recognized as competition law experts by Who's Who Legal. Through teamwork, we are able to integrate the diverse perspectives required for resolving today's most complicated antitrust and unfair competition issues. Many attorneys in the practice groups have advanced degrees in law, business, accounting, and science. Almost all of our attorneys are bilingual and have extensive experience in working with international clients.
OUR SERVICES: As a leading firm in the Taiwan competition law practice, our team members have extensive experience and sufficient source to provide our domestic and international clients with a full-scale service of:
- reviewing and checking legal compliance of relevant contracts;
- providing training courses of the internal compliance policy;
- handling the combination notification (antitrust filing) for global and domestic M&A transactions;
- handling the application for approval of concerted actions (cartels);
- handling the matters related to the investigation by the government authority;
- assisting in international cartel investigation by the foreign competition agencies;
- defending against any alleged violation of the Fair Trade Act;
- appealing against any unfavorable decision rendered by the government authority; and
- handling the litigation matters related to civil, criminal and administrative court proceedings.
OUR CASES: Lee and Li has successfully assisted clients around the world in various industries, including branded consumer products, information technology, telecommunication, electronic devices, heavy machinery, pharmaceuticals, media, and banking and insurance, to obtain merger control clearance in Taiwan. As to cartel matters, we have assisted clients of various industries in responding and defending themselves against the investigation by the Fair Trade Commission. In terms of the international cartel investigation, we have advised the clients in the sectors of DRAM, LCD, chemical materials, automobile, electronic devices, and so on to respond the investigations from competition agencies of US DOJ, EU, Brazil and Korea. Apart from the particular projects above, since the Taiwan Fair Trade Act comes into effect in 1991, we have been involved with some of the most complicated cases reviewed by the Commission, including the formation of administrative settlement agreements with the Commission. In a more general aspect, we have extensive experience in assisting our clients to handle resale price maintenance, vertical restraints, restrictions on competition activities, or any unfair competition conducts, which may arise from clients' business operation. Meanwhile, we constantly provide training courses on internal compliance policies for our clients.
Lee and Li is widely recognized for its expertise and professional capabilities in the field of competition law, and is frequently invited to contribute reviews and articles by international journals of competition law, including:
- Taiwan Chapter, The Public Competition Enforcement Review (Fourteenth Edition), Law Business Research Ltd. (2022)
- International Comparative Legal Guide - Merger Control 2022
- Taiwan Chapter, The Public Competition Enforcement Review (Thirteenth Edition), Law Business Research Ltd. (2021)
- Taiwan Chapter, The Cartels and Leniency Review, Law Business Research Ltd.-9th Edition (2021)
- International Comparative Legal Guide to: Merger Control 2021
- Taiwan Chapter, The Cartels and Leniency Review, Law Business Research Ltd.-8th Edition (2020)
- International Comparative Legal Guide to: Merger Control 2020
- Taiwan Chapter, The Cartels and Leniency Review, Law Business Research Ltd.-Seventh Edition (2019)
- International Comparative Legal Guide to: Merger Control 2019
- Taiwan Chapter, The Public Competition Enforcement Review (Tenth Edition), Law Business Research Ltd. (2018)
- Taiwan Chapter, The Cartels and Leniency Review, Law Business Research Ltd.-Sixth Edition (2018)
- International Comparative Legal Guide to: Merger Control 2018
- Taiwan Chapter, The Public Competition Enforcement Review (ninth Edition), Law Business Research Ltd. (2017)
- Taiwan Chapter, The Cartels and Leniency Review, Law Business Research Ltd.-Fifth Edition (2017)
- Taiwan Chapter, Cartels Enforcement, Appeals & Damages Actions, 5th Edition, Global Legal Insights (2017)
- International Comparative Legal Guide to: Merger Control 2017