Competition and Antitrust
Our competition and antitrust practice group assists the clients to ensure compliance with antitrust regulations while pursuing profits. We have extensive experience in handling various competition law related cases, covering major industries such as consumer products, high-tech, telecommunications, electronics, communications, financial services and pharmaceuticals. Lee and Li has continually been named by the Global Competition Review (GCR) as one of the elite firms in Taiwan for outstanding performance in the competition law practice.
Our team members dedicate their time on developing sufficient legal skills for handling competition law related cases and acquiring knowledge of a wide range of industries. Our team members frequently contribute to several domestic and international publications in the field of competition law and are regularly invited to attend global competition law seminars and conferences such as the International Competition Network (ICN). Some of our lawyers have been recognized as competition law experts by Who's Who Legal.
Our team members have profound experience in assisting our clients to handle antitrust issues in all aspects, including merger control, cartel regulation, abuse of market power, vertical restraint, misleading advertising and any other unfair competition conducts which may arise from clients’ business operation. We often offer our opinions to government authorities on the drafting of or amendment to laws. We fully understand the needs of our clients so as to provide pragmatic and professional advice on competition law.
Scope of Services
- Handle combination notifications (merger filings) for global and domestic M&A transactions.
- Handle applications for approval of concerted actions (cartels) and assist in cartel investigations by Taiwan and foreign competition agencies.
- Defend against any alleged violation of the Taiwan Fair Trade Act, including investigations by the Taiwan Fair Trade Commission and administrative and civil lawsuits.
- Advise on anti-competition and unfair competition activities arising from business operations.
- Analyze competition law issues with all types of contracts and transactions.
- Provide customized internal antitrust audit, offer internal training programs and design antitrust compliance programs
Awards and Honors
- GCR 100 (Elite) – World's Leading Competition Law and Economics Practices
- Merger Filing for 3-1 Solar Energy Merger in Taiwan
- Merger Filing for Disney's Acquisition of 21st Century Fox
- Merger Filing for KKR's Acquisition of LCY Chemical
- Merger Filing for IBM's Acquisition of Red Hat
- Merger Filing for Google's Acquisition of HTC's Smartphone Assets
- Merger Filing for Dow/DuPont Merger
- Merger Filing for ASML's Acquisition of HMI
- Merger Filing for Denali's Acquisition of EMC
- Merger Filing for Pfizer's Joint Venture with GSK on Consumer Healthcare Business
- Merger Filing for AbbVie's Acquisition of Allegan
- Advising on the first leniency case in Taiwan: ODD case
- Representing an independent power plant in a lawsuit against the Taiwan Fair Trade Commission regarding concerted action allegation
- Representing a dairy supplier in a lawsuit against regarding concerted action allegation
- Representing a cement enterprise in a lawsuit against the Taiwan Fair Trade Commission regarding concerted action allegation
- Assisting in the cartel investigation of the LCD industry
- Assisting in the standard essential patent investigation by the Taiwan Fair Trade Commission