Mergers and Acquisitions - Non-Financial Institutions
Our Merger & Acquisition Practice Group has around 100 staff members and assists clients in structuring and implementing all types of mergers and acquisitions, including merger, demerger (spin-off), share exchange, asset acquisition, share acquisition, and group restructuring. The M&A transactions handled by Lee and Li frequently involved huge value and complicated legal issues and structures. Combining our experiences in corporate investments, labour, tax, and securities issue, our Merger & Acquisition Practice Group is well-known for providing comprehensive and in-depth legal advices on all legal issues concerning mergers and acquisitions.
Lee and Li ranked first on Bloomberg's M&A league tables for many years and has been ranked first consecutively from 2008 to 2017. In addition, Lee and Li was awarded The Taiwan Firm of the Year for 2018 by IFLR (for over 10 years). In recognition of Lee and Li's professional and sophisticated legal practice, Lee and Li also received the Taiwan Law Firm of the Year 2017 Annual Awards by Who's Who Legal.
Lee and Li is also known for its public policy initiatives regarding M&A. Lee and Li's imprints can be found in many legislations and regulations that form the legal infrastructure of Taiwan's economy, including the Corporate Merger and Acquisition Act, the Financial Holding Company Act, just to name a few.
Please see below for a few examples of our recent milestone cases:
- Google's acquistion of (a portion of) HTC smartphone team and relevant assets in Taiwan
- Taiwan Cement Corporation Acquired Tcc International Holdings Limited Through Share Exchang (An award winning deal)
- Kingston's acquisition of 6.7% of the shares in KSI from MTK
- The merger of Three Taiwanese solar cell manufacturers-Gintech Energy Corp., Solartech Energy Corp., Neo Solar Power Corp.
- Acquisition of wealth management and retail banking business of ANZ Bank (Taiwan) Limited by DBS Bank Ltd
- McDonald's refranchsing and restructure of its local business and changing the new master local franchisee
- ASML's acquisition of Hermes Microvision, Inc. at NTD100 billion (An award winning deal)
- The acqusition of ChipMos Taiwan's subsdiary by Tsinghua Unigroup (China)