Digital, TMT and Data Privacy
The rapid development of digital technology has had a significant impact on human life in that it has changed the traditional ways of communication and drastically transformed the means in which people absorb information and access news and audio-visual contents. Since the EU's GDPR came into effect, it has brought global attention to personal data and privacy protection. Building on the strong practice in the field of traditional telecommunications and broadcasting, as well as its experience in serving the internet industry, Lee and Li is experienced in dealing cross-border remarkable cases and emerging issues of communication, media, and personal privacy industries under the era of the digital revolution.
In response to the trend of digitalization, Lee and Li integrates the original Telecommunications and Broadcasting Practice Group and the Personal Data Protection Practice Group to launch a new Digital, Technology, Media, and Telecom (TMT) and Data Privacy Practice Group. The members of this group have strong experiences and governmental or industrial backgrounds in serving TMT industries. We have actively participated in the internet, telecommunication, media, and e-commerce business organizations. Having the deep understanding of policy making and the development of industries, we will provide a full range of legal services and advices to our clients.
This Digital, TMT and Data Privacy Practice Group will cover telecommunications, broadcasting, internet, domain names, IP addresses, e-commerce, digital government, e-signature, e-payment, online content, OTT, sharing economy, fin-tech, blockchain, platform economy, network governance, artificial intelligence, smart healthcare, technology-assisted investigation, technology-assisted enforcement, information security, digital property rights, personal data protection, privacy protection, big data, online advertising, online marketing, data governance, data rights, and so on, and also provide related services for mergers and acquisitions as well as litigation and dispute resolution in the relevant industries.
Scope of Services
- Assisting TMT clients in permit applications and regulatory compliance issues
- Advising TMT clients on M&A transaction and the the structure design
- Advising clients on e-commerce and e-payment laws and regulations
- Offering regulator policy analysis and advice on TMT and data privacy issues
- Contract drafting, negotiation and review for TMT clients (e.g., contracts for telecom collaboration projects and media licensing arrangements)
- Providing regulatory guidance for clients looking to adopt novel business models and conducting data security audits
- Drafting personal data security maintenance plan and data processing agreement
- Planning and handling of data security matters in M&A transactions
- Representing clients in civil and administrative actions involving TMT issues
Awards and Honors
- Chambers and Partners – Tier 1 Taiwan Law Firm for Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Asia Law & Practice – Taiwan Outstanding Law Firm for Technology and Telecommunications