The Labor Practice Group has advised both local and international clients on a wide range of labor issues for a long time, maintaining the harmony of labor/management relations. We frequently represent clients in negotiation, mediation, and litigation with employees and unions.
The Labor Practice Group enjoys a large complement of professionals providing support for clients on labor issues in Chinese, English, and Japanese. 4 members of our team are court-assigned labor mediation committee members in district courts, providing the benefit of ample labor mediation experience.
While dealing with labor issues, we provide not only opinions from the perspective of the employer, but also take into full consideration clients' corporate image, employee discipline, management prestige, and reasonable operating costs to secure the optimum outcome.
Scope of Services
- Consultation for general labor law and labor relations
- Employment contract draft and review
- Work rules and employee handbook draft and review
- Transfer and deployment of employees in the event of corporate mergers and acquisitions
- Assignment of employees between affiliated companies
- Atypical labor relations (e.g., dispatched, outsourced, and part-time workers)
- Employment of expatriates
- Layoff and dismissal of employees
- Labor health and safety and occupational hazard compensation
- Gender equality and sexual harassment prevention practice development
- Employee compensation and benefits, incentive, profit-sharing, and stock options plans
- Labor unions and collective bargaining agreements
- Labor disputes(e.g., labor mediation, litigation)
- Labor inspection countermeasures