Mark Chou Mark Chou
Mark Chou has years of experience in semiconductor engineering and is currently responsible for Lee and Li’s patent hub-filing service. He specializes in patent applications for filings in China, Taiwan, Europe, the United States, Japan and South Korea, and those filed with WIPO in accordance with the PCT. He has particular expertise in integration of Japanese, Chinese, and English patent services. Mr. Chou assists with provision of legal services in technology-related patent dispute cases and IP-rights protection, with particular focus on patent litigation in the United States and China. Cases have included areas of semiconductor wafer manufacturing and packaging, semiconductor manufacturing tools and materials, organic light-emitting diodes, flexible panels, internet of things (IoT), autonomous vehicles, drones (UAV), financial technology, artificial intelligence, and others. Mr. Chou has assisted many multinational technology companies with consistent success, including Micron, TSMC, Rohm, Shin-Etsu, Naura, and Anjimicron.
- National Chiao Tung University (Master of Material Science and Engineering, 1994)
- National Chiao Tung University (Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, 1992)
Mr. Chou has handled cases spanning a wide range of technical subjects, including semiconductor, cybersecurity, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), telecommunications, user interfaces, medical devices, software copyright, and various internet-related technologies. Notable cases include:，1. Advised a Taiwanese semiconductor manufacturing company on patent litigations.
2. Advised a Taiwanese semiconductor company on CMP component patent strategy.
3. Advised and helped ACTI against U.S. patent infringement allegations in a case concerning a video security monitoring system.
4. Advised a Korean semiconductor material company in defending against Taiwan patent infringement claims relating to bonding wire.
5. Advised a Chinese IC design company on a case involving source code copyright protection and infringement.，6. Advised Jochu Technology on a Taiwan patent invalidation defense. ，7. Advised a reputable Japanese LED company on patent protection strategy.，8. Advised a reputable Taiwan automobile part maker against a French patent infringement relating to lamps and lighting systems.，9. Provided IP consulting to an AMOLED flexible panel manufacturer, which ranks in the top 100 patent filing companies in Taiwan.，10. Provided IP consulting to an international AI aided security system design company.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company
Lee and Li, Attorneys-At-Law