David Tien David Tien
David Tien's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financing, investment funds, renewable energy, food and healthcare law and securities laws.
David recently handled various cross-border transactions for PEs, conglomerates and PRC investors, including:
- Domino's Pizza Enterprises' acquisition of Domino's Taiwan
- China Resources Capital Management's acquisition of the controlling stake of City Super Group
- I Squared Capital's several renewable energy projects in Taiwan and its sale of the largest solar platform to Marubeni
- CDIB Capital's privatization of Jintex Corporation (TPX: 1787)
- EnPro Industries, Inc.'s (NYSE:NPO) acquisition of LeanTeq
- TSC Auto ID Technology's (TPEx: 3611) acquisition of U.S. Diversified Labeling Solutions
David also represented notable VCs and CVCs, including Taiwania Capital, WI Harper and Alibaba to invest in startups engaging in AIOT, SaaS, fintech, blockchain, digital health and biotechnology businesses.
David acted for respected fund managers to form private investment funds and advised on the structuring, establishment and ongoing legal and regulatory compliance matters. Representative projects include CDIB Capital Growth Partners L.P., CDIB Capital Innovation Accelerator Fund, CDIB-Innolux Partnership, Taiwania Capital Buffalo II, III and V LPs., and JAFCO Taiwan I Venture Capital Limited Partnership.
David regularly advised food and healthcare companies, on issues of product registration, advertisement, competition, consumer protection, data protection, labor, anti-corruption, and more.
- Georgetown Law Center (Global Health Law LL.M., 2011)
- Columbia Law School (LL.M., 2010)
- National Taiwan University (LL.M., 2007)
- National Taiwan University (LL.B., 2004)
Mergers & Acqusitions; Cross-Border Investments; Venture Capital Financing; Investment Funds; Renewable Energy; Securities Law; Food and Healthcare
Herbert Smith Freehills (Hong Kong)
Baker McKenzie (Taipei)
- English, Mandarin
Investing In... 2023|Taiwan
Chambers Global Practice Guide: Investing In... 2023
The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Product Liability 2022 ─ Chapter 21 Taiwan
ICLG: Product Liability 2022
The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Product Liability 2021 ─ Chapter 23 Taiwan
ICLG: Product Liability 2021
|2021年||Czech-Taiwanese Business Days 2021: 台湾投资环境
|2021年||《东吴财经法律实务研习 - 台湾食安法规体系》讲座
|2020年||《2020 理律杯研习营 - 并购交易文件与合约架构简介》讲座