David Tien's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financing, investment funds, renewable energy and food and healthcare law.
David recently handled various cross-border transactions for PEs, conglomerates and PRC investors, including:
- China Resources Capital Management's acquisition of the controlling stake of City Super Group
- I Squared Capital's several renewable energy projects in Taiwan and its sale of the largest solar platform to Marubeni
- CDIB Capital's privatization of Jintex Corporation (TPX: 1787)
- EnPro Industries, Inc.'s (NYSE:NPO) acquisition of LeanTeq
- TSC Auto ID Technology's (TPEx: 3611) acquisition of U.S. Diversified Labeling Solutions
David also represented notable venture capital firms, including Alibaba, WI Harper and Taiwania Capital, to finance startups.
David acted for respected fund managers to form private investment funds and advised on the structuring, establishment and ongoing legal and regulatory compliance matters. Representative projects include CDIB Capital Growth Partners L.P., CDIB Capital Innovation Accelerator Fund, CDIB Capital Healthcare Ventures II Limited Partnership, Taiwania Capital Buffalo II Bioventures, LP., and JAFCO Taiwan I Venture Capital Limited Partnership.
David regularly advised food and healthcare companies, on issues of product registration, advertisement, competition, consumer protection, data protection, labor, anti-corruption, and more.
Georgetown Law Center (Global Health Law LL.M., 2011)
Columbia Law School (LL.M., 2010)
National Taiwan University (LL.M., 2007)
National Taiwan University (LL.B., 2004)
Mergers & Acqusitions; Cross-Border Investments; Venture Capital Financing; Investment Funds; Renewable Energy; Securities Law; Food and Healthcare
Herbert Smith Freehills (Hong Kong)
Baker McKenzie (Taipei)
Doing business in: Taiwan Doing business in: Taiwan
The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Product Liability 2020 ─ Chapter 23 Taiwan ICLG: Product Liability 2020